So How Much Will We Have to Pay?
We often get asked about the cost of a wedding in Spain, however as with any destination, it’s difficult to say it will cost x as the final figure will depend on the couples wishes. Just like having a wedding at home, there are so many variables; the region you would like to get married in, the number of guests attending, the time of year of your wedding, your personal tastes … the list really goes on and on!
In order to provide you with a starting point I’ve asked Rebecca from Spanish wedding planning company Barcelona Bride to give us a helping hand. Below you will find the average cost of a wedding in Spain for 2020/2021, which can be used as a starting point. Rebecca also provides some great insider tips and advice about what to consider when budgeting for your wedding in Spain.
1) The Cost of a Wedding in Spain – Essential Key Points
The first thing I’d like to point out is Spain has a huge variety of venues with something to suit every budget. In Barcelona alone, we have many luxury venues (Castell de San Marçal or Masia Casa del Mar for example) but also many affordable villa venues.
The difference in cost is relative to the style of wedding the venue will offer you. The cost of luxury wedding venues usually start at €25,000 (for a 80 person wedding), whereas a laid back villa weddings can cost as little as €15,000 (for an 80 person wedding). The question is what style of wedding do you want and what venue can best offer you this style?
2) The Cost of a Wedding in Spain – A Guideline
To help you plan I’ve put together a breakdown of what you can budget on spending if you are thinking of getting married in Spain in 2019.
- Average rental price of a 20 person villa with a pool and space for a garden ceremony- €6,000 (2 nights including ceremony)
- Average price of an all inclusive hotel wedding package €160 per person.
- Average cost for 50 – 60 people at a castle, villa or country venue including ceremony fees, party, catering and 2 hours of open bar– €15,000-17,000
- Average cost for 80 – 100 people at a castle, villa or country venue including ceremony fees, party, catering and 2 hours of open bar– €20,000 +
3) The Cost of a Wedding in Spain – Considerations
With a little creative thinking it should be possible to reduce overall costs. Below, I show you how by providing my Top Tips to help save money when planning a wedding in Spain.
- It’s a good idea to consider getting married out of high season, most venues will reduce their cost by an average of €1,000 between November and April and the weather is often very pleasant up until December.
- If having a wedding in the cooler months you can always consider renting outdoor heaters. Make sure to check which are the rainiest month in the region you’re considering (in Catalonia its October).
- Midweek weddings can end up costing around 20-40% less than weekend weddings.
- If you have a small wedding party one of the most economical ways of getting married is to hire a masia or villa where many of your guests can also stay. Be sure to check about noise restrictions and hire a wedding planner who can provide you with catering options that are within budget.
- Try to hire a planner who will enable you to have a wedding like a local, enjoy the local food (paella, simple tapas and barbecue buffets are all good options).
- Look at venues and vendors who are focused on the local market. Your wedding budget will thank you for it!
*Costings updated May 2020 for Wedding Season 2020/21
During the initial stages of planning your wedding, it’s helpful to contact a number of suppliers to help you understand what your wedding in Spain may cost and how you can tailor your budget to fit your specific ideas and requirements.
To connect with key wedding suppliers in Spain in one easy step click on the boxes below or the use the form at the end of the page.
Find out More – Weddings in Spain & the Balearic Islands
On Weddings Abroad Guide we promote the services of some fantastic wedding planners who can help you create a unique wedding day that reflects your individual style and personality. To connect with Wedding Planners in one easy step use the form below and your enquiry will be forwarded to all of the planners who work throughout Spain and the Balearic Islands. Click here to learn more.
Pin this Post