As a wedding destination, Europe is a treasure trove of possibilities…
Having had my own wedding in France, I can’t recommend getting married in Europe highly enough. But if you’re still deciding if it’s the right location for you…listed below are some of the reasons I believe it’s a fantastic destination for a wedding abroad.
Reasons to get married in Europe
- Starting with the obvious – it’s so romantic!
- Breathtaking scenery – there are many amazing natural backdrops
- Multitude of ceremony options – you are spoilt for choice, get married by the sea, in an Ice Chapel or in a 13th century Château
- Extend your wedding day – exclusively rent a Villa, Château or Castle for you and your wedding guests – for a weekend, a week or longer
- It offers an amazing cultural experience
- It caters to all styles and types of weddings – cosmopolitan in Barcelona, vintage chic in the heart of Provence, winter wonderland in the Austrian mountains, laid back and soaking up the sun in Greece – the list really goes on and on…
- The European service industry has very high standards
- The quality of food and wine are exceptional – your guests will be in for a taste sensation
- Lovely weather – Cyprus for example has 330 days of sunshine a year
- You are not constrained by the standard wedding packages offered in many tropical resorts
- There is more flexibility to create a unique wedding that reflects your personality
- You usually get better value for your money than by having your wedding at home – you can spend as little or as much as you want but you always get great value
- You will have amazing wedding photographs
- Your wedding will be unique – your guests will have never been to a wedding like it
- You have the option of combining your wedding with a honeymoon in Europe.
Hot Tips! – Free Venue Finding Service
If you and live in the UK or Ireland, European Wedding Destinations have the following added benefits:
- Europe is easily accessible – most flights will be under 4 hours
- It is serviced by budget airlines – if you give your guests enough notice they should be able to get cheap flights
- It is not far for guests to travel – guests can come for a weekend trip. Read information about the etiquette for inviting guest to a destination wedding here.
European Wedding Destinations
For more information on getting married in Europe, I recommend browsing the European destination guides. Each guide includes details of wedding suppliers, guidelines on the legal requirements, real wedding reviews and related inspiration and hot tips.
With a passion for food and travel, there was never any doubt that Felicity and Trent’s wedding would showcase their love for delicious Italian cuisine and spectacular scenery. As the owners of a successful high-end Italian ready made meal company in their hometown of Melbourne, fantastic authentic Italian food was always going to be a priority at their wedding. Not only did they achieve this but in the most unique style – each course of their wedding meal was held at a different venue.