What information do I need to supply my guests with?
As your guests will be travelling abroad for your wedding you need to provide them with as much information as possible about your wedding and wedding destination. By using our handy Guest Information Checklist you can feel confident that you’ve got it covered.
Do your research and provide your guests with plenty of fantastic information.
The more useful and relevant information you give your guests the easier you will make it for them to attend your wedding abroad.
From the moment your guests receive your wedding invitation make their experience of your wedding special and hassle free.
If your guests believe it will be a lot of hard work and organisation for them to attend your wedding, their enthusiasm may not be high and your guest response rate may be lower than expected.
Help make your guests decision to come to your wedding abroad and the time they spend making arrangements for your wedding as easy and effortless as possible.
Most importantly really grab your guests’ attention and get them excited about your wedding abroad.
You can provide this information to your guests in a written pack which you include with your wedding invitation or you can set up a personal wedding website. I believe a wedding website is the most effective method and is very easy to create.
Provide your guests with the following information:
General Information Summary:
- Outline the purpose of your website or information pack.
Wedding Day Timetable
- The date of your wedding
- The time and location of your Ceremony
- The time and location of your Reception
- A brief summary of your chosen Ceremony & Reception venues
- Transportation arrangements – information on how your guests will get to your Ceremony &Reception. If you are providing transportation specify pick up and drop off times and location.
Extra Celebrations & Activities
- Information explaining what the extra celebrations or activities are
- The date the extra celebrations and activities will take place
- The time the extra activities will commence
- The location of the celebrations or activities
- Transportation – if applicable how your guests can get to the celebrations. If you are providing transportation specify pick up and drop off times and location.
- If needed request an RSVP for the extra celebrations
- The country your wedding will take place in
- Why you have chosen to get married abroad
- Why you have chosen this particular wedding destination
- Information about the area where you are getting married
- What is it the town or region best known for
- What can people do while they are there
- What should they not miss
- Expected weather conditions on your wedding date
- Best way to travel to your wedding destination – plane, train or automobile
- What airport they will need to fly to
- What airlines fly to that airport – in particular list any budget airlines
- Information on airport transfers – how they get from the airport to their hotel
- Airport buses, trains, the cost of taxis and hire cars
- Recommended places to stay
- List the names and prices of recommended hotels
- Inform your guests if you have been able to negotiate discount rates at any hotels
- If you will be booking accommodation on behalf of your guests provide them with this information and pricing details
- Information about Children attending your wedding – specify your policy on this
- Provide further information about babysitters etc
- Dress code
- Any other important information
- Are you having a gift list or asking for gifts?
- If no, reason why you have chosen not to have one
- If yes, details of wedding list
- It might be worthwhile politely suggesting guests do not bring a gift to wedding itself as it will be difficult for you to transport it back home
- Specify your RSVP Date
- Specify how you would like your guests to reply, on wedding website, email, post, telephone etc
- Provide your contact details
- If your contact details will be different when you are abroad provide these as well
This is one of my personal favourites, not only for its drop and drag functionality making it super easy to use, but also as it’s loaded with features which make it particularly well suited for those organising a wedding abroad.
Your wedding abroad guests can download the app for free from the App Store or Google Play or they can stay up-to-date with all your wending abroad event info on the wedding website.
In short Appy Couple is a stylish wedding website with an app, which will make a great first impression on your guests and keep everything organised. RSVPs, photo sharing, event info, travel details, chat, registries and more.
Appy Couple is also competitively priced. The Boutique Collection with over 500 designs is a one time fee of £45 and includes destination themed artwork. The Luxury Collection is £145 and it’s even possible to have a bespoke design created to match your wedding stationery / theme.
Take a look for yourself, download the FREE Demo of the Appy Couple Wedding Website & App and start designing your site today.
Need even more help with your Guest Information Checklist
You will be able to discuss your wedding plans, ask questions, compare your guest information checklist, get inspiration from other couples and all the fabulous wedding professionals featured on my site.
It is a fun friendly group…and private… so your wedding plans won’t be exposed!,
I’d love to have you part of it and can’t wait to meet you!
You can request to join up here: Weddings Abroad Guide Community