The earlier you can send your wedding abroad invitations the better.
Sending wedding abroad invitations early is even more important if you haven’t sent out a save the date or informed your guests of your wedding date and destination prior to sending your wedding abroad invitations.
We sent a save the date email to all our guests but still sent our wedding invitations 8 months prior to our wedding.
As your guests will need to travel abroad the more notice they are given the greater the likelihood they will be able to attend your wedding.
It will give your guests more time to get their finances together and it may allow them to plan holidays around your wedding or take a mini break. Early notice will also help to ensure they get the best deals on flights and accommodation.
For your wedding abroad it will be easier for you if you set an early RSVP date.
If you send your wedding abroad invitations early I do not think it is unreasonable to ask your guests to reply 2 or 3 months prior to your wedding date.
We asked our guests to RSVP 3 months prior to our wedding.
Some of your guests may not be able to tell you if they can attend until closer to the date but it will make your planning at lot easier knowing early how many guests will be attending your wedding.
Knowing the numbers attending your wedding will help in many ways, some of which are listed below:
- Working out your budget
- Choosing your Venue (e.g. how many people a venue cater for)
- Booking Hire Equipment (e.g. how many chairs and tables you need to order)
- Finalising Details with Suppliers (e.g. guest numbers for Caterers and informing them of guests with special meal requirements)
- Reserving Accommodation (you may wish to hold a number of rooms in a hotel for your guests)
- Flight Discounts (some airlines offer group discounts)
- Choosing a Wedding Planner, Wedding Package Abroad or Wedding Suppliers
Recommended Stationery Suppliers
I highly recommend the following wedding stationery suppliers:
- Destination Stationery by Wedding Invitation Designer provide a bespoke design service, specialising in wedding abroad invitations to perfectly fit with your theme, personal style or wedding location. They offer FREE worldwide shipping.
- Basic Invite is is an online stationery design company with more than 200 unique wedding invitations and 180 colours which can all be completely customised on line by YOU
For a wedding abroad it is advisable to give your guests as much advance notice as possible and I would strongly advise sending a save the date prior to sending your wedding abroad invitations. For information and fun examples of save the date cards, click here.