A List of Essential Questions to ask Wedding Planners in Cyprus.
With the growing popularity of Cyprus as a wedding destination, the number of wedding planners in Cyprus is increasing – which for you, I think this is fantastic news.
With more wedding planners to choose from, I believe this should enable you to find the “right” wedding planner. Someone you really connect with, someone who understands you and your partner and the type of wedding day you would like to experience.
If you are planning a wedding in Cyprus and would like to use the services of a wedding planner, I highly suggest contacting a number of different companies. I would recommend contacting at least five planners for research and information purposes. The wedding planner you ultimately choose will be providing you a service for one of the most important events in your life – so it pays to take your time and do your research to ensure you find the perfect planner.
To help you choose the right planner, I have put together a list of questions to ask wedding planners in Cyprus when you are doing your initial research.
Questions to ask Wedding Planners – Cyprus:
- What areas of Cyprus do they operate in? Do they know some areas better than others?
- How long have they been in business? How many weddings do they co-ordinate each year? Do they have a set number of weddings that they will co-ordinate in a week?
- How many people work in their company? Who will be your main contact? What is their preferred method of communication with you, e.g. email, telephone? If desired, can you visit them for a pre-wedding trip?
- Ask to see testimonials of weddings they have planned or if you can contact some of their previous clients.
- Find out exactly what they will organise for you. If there is anything extra you would like organised will this increase their fee?
- Can they organise extra activities around your wedding in Cyprus?
If desired, will they help with booking guest accommodation?
- Will they take care of the legalities and paperwork for getting married in Cyprus?
- Ask if they have a set list of venues and suppliers they work with. Often this can be an advantage as they will use them because of their high standards and reliability. However, see how flexible they are in researching new venues and suppliers if you are not happy with their recommendations.
- Understand their fee structure. Determine if they receive commissions from booking with certain venues or suppliers. You want to be sure they are using these suppliers because of their excellence and not because they stand to make extra money.
- Find out if there is a total amount you need to spend on your wedding before they will organise it. Some Wedding Planners will only plan your wedding if it costs over a certain amount.
- Ask for a sample budget. Determine if you will be given the option to choose from different priced suppliers, e.g. do they use high and low end suppliers?
- Ask how many weddings they organise for the same day or weekend. If they are a small company it is better to have someone solely dedicated to your wedding.
- Ask if they will be on site co-ordinating your wedding day. If so, will this be an extra charge?
- Ask to see their terms and conditions. Really study these. What is their cancellation policy? Will you owe them any money if you cancel your wedding?
Remember the above “Wedding Planners Cyprus” questions are just a guideline. I would recommend that you also think about other issues that are important to you.
Another important point is that when you are contacting wedding planners, the more specific you can be about what you want, the better response you will get. If your requirements are vague, this does not always give the wedding planner a lot to work with and the answers that you get back from them may be not as detailed as you would like.
Recommended Wedding Planners in Cyprus
If you would like to use a wedding planner to organise your wedding in Cyprus I strongly suggest you contact a number of planners to obtain further information on how they can help you plan your dream wedding in Cyprus. To help make things a little easier and quicker for you, simply complete the form below which I’ll then forward onto all the wedding planners in Cyprus who are members of our Destination Wedding Directory.
Contact Cyprus Wedding Planners
I hope the above information has been a helpful starting point. To connect with wedding planners in one easy step use the form below and your enquiry will be forwarded to all of the wedding planners who work in Cyprus and are members of our Directory. We will then forward you a handy spreadsheet to help you collate and evaluate your responses. Click here to learn more.