Choosing Borgo Bucciano for their wedding villa in Tuscany proved to be a stress free planning solution for Irish couple Anne Marie and Adrian.
If you’re searching for an exclusive use wedding villa in Tuscany that offers both a stunning wedding setting and a relaxing holiday location, then look no further! The versatile Borgo Bucciano is a wonderful option for an Italian wedding abroad.
Nestled in the heart of Tuscany, Borgo Bucciano is a unique wedding hamlet consisting of 11 apartments, neo-gothic chapel, Italian gardens and olive groves. Enjoying stunning views of the surrounding hills, it combines the charm of a 17th century villa with a Tuscan farm, yet is only 35 minutes from Pisa.
The venue ticked all the right boxes for Irish couple Anne Marie and Adrian. The location provided their guests with easy travel connections, accommodation onsite and nearby, as well as total exclusivity for their entire stay. Every detail was looked after no matter how small, before, during and after their wedding. Below, Anne Marie has kindly shared her experience.
Our Wedding Villa in Tuscany…
“Bucciano is simply amazing, I cannot recommend it enough, it’s a wonderful, scenic and peaceful venue, so full of history and the kind and considerate owners go out of their way to make your stay magical.
We had our wedding there and what can I say….everything was perfect from start to finish.
We were first introduced to the venue by email from our wedding planner as we were planning from Ireland – we immediately fell in love. We had no hesitation booking it even before our first visit! The reasons are many….we loved the location: stunning Tuscan countryside (the views from the pool and the balcony of the wedding villa (amazing!), close to a number of airports for our guests travelling, great accommodation on site and in the locality and a very responsive service by email from Silvia and Alessia answering all our questions.
We visited finally in May before our wedding and we were welcomed so warmly and with beautiful red wine from the Bucciano vineyard – this became our wine for our wedding. I would highly recommend it (we also brought some bottles home!).
The wedding itself was fantastic. We had a fabulous reception of aperitif set out by the pool (you can choose to have it in the garden too but the pool area was perfect for us with the views over the olive groves and Tuscan countryside).
Our hosts Alessia and Silvia were amazing for the duration of our stay, nothing was a problem, they looked after every little detail, from small lunch requests to making sure that there was an out-of-hours bar service available.
Oh I did not mention the Piazetta! The beautiful outdoors area just outside the breakfast/dining area! Borgo Bucciano made our wedding day and the days before and after so special, this place and the surroundings will always have a special place in our hearts – thank you Borgo Bucciano!”
What we Love:
- No minimum stay required
- Private hamlet which can be hired exclusively
- Perfect setting for a pre/post wedding barbecue, pizza party or Tuscan dinner
- Additional activities can be organised for your guests, e.g. cooking lessons, wine tasting, day trips and more
- Equally suited to smaller or mid sized weddings
- Various locations out-doors and in-doors to celebrate your special event
- Ceremony (symbolic), reception and accommodation all in one location
- Event planning assistance
Good to Know:
- 11 Apartments – sleeps 27 + 23 on sofa beds (50 in total)
- Located 42km from Pisa Airport and 52km from Florence Airport
- Possible to hire the villa for the wedding day only and stay elsewhere
- Capacity: Indoor 90 / Outdoor 90
- Catering service uses only local products and prepares meals from scratch
- Gluten free, vegetarian and vegans options available
- Borgo Bucciano make their own red wine and olive oil
- Experience in arranging services for high profile weddings
- Located 9km from San Miniato, your own transport is recommended
- Civil ceremony in the beautiful frescoed ceremony room “Sala delle Sette virtù” of San Miniato’s Town Hall.
- Various set up options for a symbolic ceremony at the villa.
- Protestant or Jewish ceremonies can be held on site.
- The Catholic ceremony is possible on site in the private chapel. As an alternative there are many beautiful churches for a Catholic ceremony in the nearby medieval town of San Miniato.
Cost and Wedding Planning Option:
- *Starting from 5700€ (1 night): includes exclusive use of the wedding villa in Tuscany for the whole stay, accommodation in 11 apartments (based on 40 guests), breakfast buffet in the morning, villa for the Wedding Reception Day and 10% taxes
- *Catering service starting from €101 per head: includes aperitif, seated dinner, wedding cake and open bar
- Further information available on request, use the form below
*Prices based on 2021 Packages – subject to change
Wedding Hamlet in Tuscany – Find Out More:
For those who like to make sure they have it all covered, I have created a comprehensive venue checklist which contains over 50 things you may want to consider when choosing a wedding villa in Tuscany. You can download a copy of it here.
Wedding Planner: Rosie Meleady @ The Wedding Planner / Photography: Rosie Photography and Ronan Skelly Photography / Video Reportage: Director Mario Feliciello @ Mario Feliciello Studio / Video Reportage: Cinematography: Editor Sergio Pontillo @ Mario Feliciello Studio