I’m always in complete awe of what the world has to offer and the different destinations couples choose for their wedding abroad.
Let’s face it, if you’re planning on getting married abroad destination is key! The destination you choose is what will make your wedding unique and stand out from the crowd!
But how do you choose the wedding destination abroad that’s right for you?
Truthfully, I think it just boils down to research (this type is much more exciting than a school project!) and there really is no substitute for it. When doing your research, have a look at the factors I have listed below as these may help to steer you in the right direction.
Factors to take into consideration when choosing your wedding destination:
- The setting you would like for your wedding – historic, exotic, seaside, countryside etc.
- The cultural experience you would like you and your guests to have – a holiday in the sun, a trek through the jungle, gourmet delight etc.
- The style of wedding you would like to have – traditional, informal etc.
- The climate you would like for your wedding day.
- The time of year you would like your wedding to take place in – what will the weather conditions be like at that time of year? Is it peak holiday season?
- The average cost to get married in a particular country.
- How easy it is to plan a wedding in a particular country – could you plan your own wedding, would you have to use a Tour Operator or Wedding Planner?
- The legal and residency requirements for getting married in a particular country.
- The size of the wedding you would like to have – is it important for you to be surrounded by family and friends on your wedding day or do you want an intimate affair? Remember, how far your guests will have to travel will affect how many people will be able to attend. For information and advice on inviting guests and general destination wedding etiquette click here.
Fabulous destinations which could play host to your wedding are added on a regular basis. If you can’t find what you are looking for you can contact me here for information and advice.